Understanding the Importance of Payment Gateway Testing
The merchant needs an ideal payment gateway for their customers to make sure it provides the best payment experience to them.
The customer expects an easy, smooth, and secure transaction with a payment gateway and the merchant wants the same for his customer.
And for himself, he would want his chosen payment gateway to be easy to integrate. Also, he would want that he gets his money as per the decided settlement time period in a seamless manner.
Other important aspects he would be considering would be the deduction of the charges, data security, the whole payment processing to be smooth in different situations, authorization process, encryption, etc.
The main objectives of the Payment testing include the assurance of the important features of a payment gateway and that is security, functioning, and integration. It makes sure that smooth payment processing is done with the transmission of sensitive information in an encrypted manner.
It enables checking and mapping for all the involved parties in the payment processing due to its nature which consists of a sequenced and organized planning and strategic evaluation.
Before we dive deep into the Testing you must read here what is a payment gateway and how it works.
Now that you have read about the payment gateway let us continue with the payment gateway testing.
Types of Payment Gateway Testing
The types of payment gateway testing involved are as follows:
1. Functional testing
This type of testing includes the check of the basic functioning of the payment gateway including its seamless functioning with regard to the currency, available payment methods displayed, and their smooth respective successful & failed transactions and their notifications, redirection, & confirmation, etc.
Availability of various types of guides, information, disclosures, and resources is a must on a payment gateway website for example technical docs, integration kits and guide, chargeback guide, dispute resolution, etc.
2. Integration testing
This is essential to test the integration of the payment gateway with the website or application.
To know if, after the integration of the payment gateway, it would act as per the expectations – with regard to order placing, payment success, receiving the amount in the specified merchant bank account, refund verification, etc.
3. Performance testing
It is important to test the payment gateway performance in various environments and load times. Further, if it accurately performs with regard to the networks, servers, and with enough memory & space.
4. Database and Security testing
This type of testing ensures that the customer’s sensitive data is managed and stored appropriately with secure transmission and access.
Further, its SSL certification, encryption standards, and overall security of the information provided by the customers are involved under this testing type.
Payment Gateway Test Cases
- Payment gateway testing for the card payments with the test card details.
- In case of the successful transaction – the flow of the transaction, issuing bank response, message display to the customer, and notification to the customer (email/mobile number)
- Same as point 2 in case of the failed transaction, expiry of the session, customer canceling the transaction, and when the payment gateway stops responding
- Testing of the currency of the customer transaction
- Testing of the security and protection against the fraud
- Testing of the entry of the successful transaction as per the design of the database architecture.
- Test the refunded amount matches the actual amount of refund made. Also, if it reached the customer within the pre-defined refund time window as per the terms and conditions and the payment method.
List of things to be kept handy while Payment gateway testing
- Technical documentation
- Error codes
- Test data for the testing card details
- Payment gateway terminology
- Payment processing and working of the payment gateway session
- Database entry of the transaction
- Take note of the situations and responses after a successful as well as unsuccessful transaction
PayKun Test Mode FAQs
- How to access PayKun test/sandbox mode?
You may get a detailed step-by-step guide here.
- Where can I access the API Reference Guide?
You will find the API information that is used for processing payments here.
- From where can I get the Credentials for Test Environment?
Here are the easy steps to generate API Encryption Key-
- Log In to your PayKun Merchant Dashboard
- Copy your Merchant ID which you will get by clicking on your profile picture
- To Generate API Keys, go to the Settings
- Then go to the Security Option.
- Click on Generate API Key (web or device as per your platform) and download your Access Token and Encryption Key(API Secret Key).
- What is the PayKun sign-up procedure?
Visit here for detailed steps.