PayKun Merchant Dashboard plays a significant role in the financial management for your business. It is a management tool of the online transactions and the payments received through PayKun.
Once you sign up with the basic details, you are able to log in to your merchant dashboard and with the activation of your PayKun Merchant Account, you get your Merchant Dashboard activated and functional. Wherein, you are able to analyze the transactions through graphical representations adjusting it in the form of the customized time period, according to the payment methods ratio of its usage, etc. this can help you plan your business and know if how is it performing.
Also, you can access the payment records with its status, the customer’s data, payment links history and their management, the refund and its management, the settlement status and its data, different kinds of settings, etc. All in all, you would be able to access and manage everything in one place.
PayKun is growing and already among the top and cheapest payment gateways in India. It believes the change to be inevitable and so is to keep up with it. It is necessary to improvise and for making things better in the course so that the customers and clients get better services. With the view in mind, this article introduces you to the renewed merchant dashboard.
On top of the PayKun merchant dashboard screen, you can see different tabs leading to different sections:
Let us go by each tab step-by-step:
You will find here everything numeric, graphical and in the analytic form. This form of presentation is being displayed so that it saves time and can easily be compared. Helping to clearly know the performance and position of the business in terms of online payment income.
The graphical representation is easily understood by everyone and it allows to relate and compare the data for different time periods.
Going through each part of it:
All the data on the home page can be viewed in a Filtered manner and can be customized and accessed only for today, weekly, monthly, yearly and as per the custom time set.
- As per the time period selected, you can view the Total Successful Transactions in numbers, the total transaction amount received and the average amount with respect to the successful transactions.
- It can be clearly seen above, there is a graph of the comparison of the number of “Success” and “Failed” Transactions which can be filtered according to the Hours in a Day, Days, Weeks and Month. When the main setting is in “Today” at that time other filters are disabled as it would be confusing otherwise.
- On the right-hand side beside the graph, view the total number of transactions including all the statuses and you can go to the “Transactions” tab when you click on “View Details”.
- And beside that is the unsettled amount (the amount of the domestic payments that is pending for settlement with PayKun) and you can go to the “Settlements” tab when you click on “View Details”.
- Below is the data on the number of transactions made through Desktop Computer and using Mobile respectively. This helps you target the audience and decide upon which way the business is more in operation.
- In the second part of the home screen, you can view the ratio of the payment method used under the ‘Transaction Type’ under all 5 payment options i.e. Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, UPI and Wallet.
- “Please select the payment method to view more” gives the graphical display of the sub-methods used in all of these primary methods like the type of wallet used under the Wallets category.
- The last part is to view the recent activities that happened on your PayKun Gateway i.e. the new payments received details, the new refunds that were processed and the new settlements.
From the right bottom corner, you can directly contact the PayKun support team for any kind of query.
You need to select the query type, enter the subject of your issue or query and enter the details about it after you click on “Contact Support”. After you click on “Submit”, the respective support team will get back to you as soon as possible.
- General Query – For anything which does not fall in the below-mentioned category but is related to PayKun
- Technical Query – related to any technical glitch, integration, test mode, etc
- Account Query – related to the PayKun Merchant Dashboard
- Settlement Query – related to the settlements from PayKun
- Integration Query – related to the international services of PayKun
When you click on the initial of your Registered Name on the top right corner, you will get a “My Profile” dropdown. There you can view the below details:
- Merchant ID – The numeric Merchant ID which is the identity of your PayKun Merchant Account
- Registered Email Address – The Email ID that is registered with your PayKun Account
- Test Mode – A tool that allows you to simulate the actual payment process as if you were using its real-time live payment gateway. You may log in or generate the test mode credentials from here.
- Enable International Payment – From here you may submit the request for the International Gateway.
- Developer Document – This leads the merchant to the Technical Documentation for the guide to Integration for various platforms.
The “Bell Icon” beside “My Profile” shows the notifications.
The details related to the online payments received through PayKun is shown here under different sub-tabs:
The following filters can be used to view the specific data:
- Transaction ID – the 20 digits numeric identity for the transaction/payment for example: 90309-49613-06634-56947
- Email ID – This is the customer Email ID who has attempted the payment.
- Status of the transaction – Click on the symbol ‘?’ to reveal the meaning of each status as below:
- Initialized: The customer did not proceed at all with the transaction.
- Success: The transaction authorization and payment deduction from the customer’s bank was successful.
- Failed: The transaction authorization failed.
- Not Attempted: Customer proceeded but then discontinued/Canceled the transaction.
- Auto Reversed: Transaction that is deducted from the customer but failed due to any issue has been reversed to the original payment source.
- Partially Refunded: Partial amount was refunded to the customer.
- Fully Refunded: Full amount was refunded to the customer.
- Chargeback: The chargeback was raised with the bank for the request for a refund due to fraud/dissatisfaction of services.
- Dispute: The dispute was raised on PayKun Dispute Resolution Center due to fraud/dissatisfaction of services.
- Limit – This is the number of transactions to view in the single search
- Date Range – Custom dated transactions that you want to view
That is an On/Off Button for the Delayed Capture. When it is ‘On’ it shows the transactions that changed its status to Success after the reconciliation process. This will be shown only when the “Delayed Capture” is set to “On’ in the Settings > Configuration
All transactions refunded to the customers appear here. It has the filter options of the Transaction ID, Refund ID, Status, limit and Date Range
- Transaction ID – It is a 20 digit number for example 90309-49613-06634-56947
- Refund ID – With each refunded transaction a 20 digit Refund ID is generated
- Success means the amount is successfully refunded
- Failed means the refund processing failed due to some reason
- Processing means it is still not credited in the customer’s account.
- Limit – Number of transactions to be shown on one page
- Date Range – Give the time duration for which you require to view the transactions
- Here the merchant gets the Order wise information about the transaction.
- It has the filter options of an Order ID, Customer Email, Status, limit and Date Range
- Here all details are as per the ‘Payment’ just the additional information shown is Product Name and the number of attempts of making the payment.
When any customer files a dispute on PayKun against any particular transaction then those disputed transactions would appear here. It has the filter options of Dispute ID, Payment ID, Customer Email, Status, limit and Date Range
- Dispute ID – A Unique identification associated when a dispute is created.
- Payment ID – The transaction ID of the payment on which the Dispute is Created.
- Customer Email – The Email Address of the customer who has made the payment
- Status – If the dispute case is open or closed at PayKun, that is shown here
There is a ‘Dispute Guide’ button that provides all the information about how the dispute works
When the customer files a chargeback for a particular transaction then the details of that payment would appear here.
There is a chargeback guide button that provides all the information about how the chargeback works
- All the settlement (payout) details of the transactions would appear here.
- It provides the filter options of Settlement ID, Status, limit and Date Range
- THE settlement ID is the unique settlement identification number associated with the payout of that particular transaction. For example: sel_366135
- Status includes if the payout is done successfully or failed due to some reason.
Payment Links Tab
Payment Links are the links that can be copied and sent to the customers to receive the payments.
Note: You need to have your account activated for creating payment links.
The filters include Payment Link ID, Receipt No., Status, limit and the Date Range
- Payment Link ID – the identification ID for the payment Link
- Receipt No. – an assigned number for the receipt
- Status – the specific link is live (active), Expired or Disabled
Create Payment Link
- Log in with your Registered Email ID and Password
- Click on the “Payment Links” (You will find in the first row on top of the page”)
- Click on “Create Payment Link”
- Add details as per your requirements like the amount you want to collect and the Payment Purpose (reason/product for which you need to collect the payment)
Note: Select the currency that your customer wants to pay in(Only available if international payments are enabled, Default is INR)
- If you select a single person, it will show the specific details like first name, last name, email address, mobile number and notification method (email and/or mobile)
- You may set expiry date until when your payment link will be usable
Copy/Paste the Payment Link
- You will see the ‘Copy‘ symbol beside the respective payment link you want to send.
- You just need to click on that and the link will be copied automatically
- And paste the same in the normal way on the messenger or social media from wherever you would like to receive the payment
- For the single-user, the notification will be received by them via email/mobile whichever option you have selected on the form while creating the link
For the multiple-user, create a payment link will only need the setting for amount and purpose. Setting the expiry date is optional
Disable a Payment Link
There is a symbol of the ‘Stop‘ option you just need to click on that to disable that particular payment link
Master Payment Link
Under the payment links, you provide the payment amount and the purpose to the customer, which cannot be changed by them. Master Payment Link option can be used if you would like to give your customers the option to enter the customized payment amount and purpose of payment.
It just needs to be copied from the PayKun Merchant Dashboard and to be pasted wherever possible to send to the customer like messenger, chat, social media, etc and request the online payment.
Create a Master Payment Link
- Log in with your Registered Email ID and Password
- Click on the “Payment Links” (You will find in the first row on top of the page”)
- You will see the space with the Master Link option
How to edit the Master Link?
As circled in the below image, click on the edit
Type the content that you would like to keep for example a product name or business name
So after typing the wanted link extension (as per the requirements mentioned) click on the ‘Save’ option.
Copy the Master Link
The payment link just needs to be copied by clicking on ‘Copy’ as illustrated in the below image. And pasted as usual either by Ctrl+V or right-click on the mouse and select paste.
- Here the merchant can add and filter the information related to their customers.
- The details added would appear as the Customer ID, Customer Email, Customer Name, Mobile Number and Date Added.
Get the option to generate and download a detailed report on the following:
- Transaction Report: Providing Date Range, Transaction type (All or only Success) and File type (PDF, Excel and CSV)
- Refund Report: Providing Date Range and File Type as above
- Settlement Report: Providing Date Range and File Type as above
- GST Report: According to Month, Year and File Type PDF
- Monthly Summary Report: Get a detailed summary of the whole month according to Month, Year and File Type PDF
Here the section provides the following information:
- Merchant ID
- Merchant Name
- Merchant Email ID
- Merchant Mobile No.
- Activation Status
- Registration Date
- GST Number
- PayKun’s GST
- Account Manager’s Contact Details
Merchant can add team members with the assigned roles of Admin, Manager, Support and Finance
- To add a member, select ‘Invite Member’ and add the required details like Email ID, Mobile Number, First Name, Last Name and their assigned role.
- Those members will get their login password in their email addresses and can then have their separate login authorization given as per the roles assigned. They can now log in with their email ID and password.
There are two types of Alerts that you can set:
- Account Alert – This includes the login alert in which the email is received on the registered email address when someone logs in to the merchant account when it is kept ‘On’
- Transactions Alert – Can enable/disable different email alerts for transaction done, Refund done, Dispute & Chargeback related and Payout Alert
- Generate/Regenerate Encryption keys
- Set the timings for the Session Timeout ranging from 5 minutes to 120 minutes within which the account will be logged out automatically when it is idle
- Enable two-step verification – that will ask for the OTP received in your registered mobile number apart from your set password when you try to Log in
- Change your PayKun Merchant Dashboard Password
Can customize the look, color and logo that would appear at the time of checkout.
Customer Care Details
These customer care details set here will be shown to the customers in their invoice and until no details are set here the registered email address will be displayed on the invoice that is emailed to the customers after the transaction
If this is enabled or turned on that means you accept the delayed capture, but if it is set to ‘Off’ then the transaction will not be turned successful and the payment will be refunded to the customer.
As mentioned there, If you want the notifications for failed or success transaction via server to server call then you need to set your callback URL there
This is how the PayKun Merchant Dashboard, the one-stop-solution for all the functions and management tools. It makes the administration part quite easy and distributed. With the assignment of the roles, the merchant dashboard enables the delegation of authority and responsibility in an efficient manner.